Thursday, August 23, 2012

David poem

Dear David.

 

Thank you for your poem.

This is really a beautiful poem or song you wrote. I put it on my blog.

 I remember two events in 1967. My father who was a Major in Nato going down the stairs and saying “ The Russians invaded Prague”. Then the six day war. I was only 7, and we had to learn Israeli Folk Dances. Everybody was happy for Israel.

 

The Rabbi Kook ZTS”L wrote “ When there is a great war in the world, the force of the Messiah is getting stronger”. He was speaking of the butchery of WW I which led to the Balfour declaration, because of the defeat of the last Islamic Empire, the Turkish Empire.

 

With great expectation to see you playing at the Jerusalem Folk Club.

 


From: david herman [mailto:davidherman2@013net.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 5:36 PM
To: jerusalemfolk
Subject: David poem

 

With best wishes, you have a beautiful website.David Herman

No comments:

Post a Comment