▪ He literally believes in the imminent emergence of the Mahdi - the Shiites' false Messiah, who is expected to appear to set aright a decadent and wretched world.
▪ He views himself as the vassal of the Mahdi, working for him and being accountable to him.
▪ His main task is to prepare the world so as to hasten the Mahdi's coming. If this preparation requires much destruction and bloodshed, so be it.
▪ As a former mayor of
▪ He allocated generous sums for extensive road improvement to a mosque at Jamkaaraan, near the city of
▪ He reportedly visits the well frequently and drops his written supplications into the well for the hidden Mahdi to act upon them.
▪ He sees the Jews as the sworn enemies of Islam. The hostility dates back to the time of Muhammad's own treatment of the Jews in
▪ He says that the Holocaust is a myth. He is, in this respect, in good company with a number of other revisionist claimants.
▪ He wants
▪ In his speech to the United Nations General Assembly, he implored the Mahdi to come and save the world.
▪ He believes that the earth is Allah's and all people must either become believers of his brand of Islam or must perish as infidels, najis (unclean) who, by their very presence, defile Allah's earth.
▪ He believes that this earthly life is passing and worthless in comparison to the afterlife awaiting a devoted and faithful believer. Hence, he holds to the old belief that if a faithful Muslim kills an infidel, he goes to Allah's paradise; and, if the faithful gets killed in the process of serving the faith, again he goes to Allah's paradise.