Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What is a real religion?

From my work as a head nurse in the religious schools in Jerusalem, Judean desert and Samaria, I was surprised about so many ways to serve G-od.
What kind of Chassid are you? Are you Gur, Chabad, Viznits, Bretslav, Sadigora, Bobov, Tschechnov? asked me the holy children. I answered I am a hassid of the Baal Shem Tov, but at the end the answer is more like I am a servant of G.od.
Then a Muslim teacher in Abu Gosh told me that Islam is not a religion. Islam is called in Arabic a DIN,
a Judgment, with the Shariah which is a code of punishment. I told him a religion is a a word that comes from the latin word religio, relation with G.od . If Islam is to submit yourself to the will of Allah, you cannot repair the world, do a tikun olam, influence the spheres above.

I was surprised to see a Muslim Nurse reading a Book of Psalms because such a deep relationship doesn't exist in Islam. And then we have the Christian relationship to G.od. Jerusalem the capital of all the religions, the spiritual capital of the whole world. Christian Orthodox, Armenians Orthodox, Greek , Russian, Copts, Maronites, Ethiopians, Catholics,  Protestants,but some Evangelicans are even Zionists.
Just because Zion is the famous hill in Jerusalem Where we have Kind David's Tomb. We were there yesterday for Shavuot.

http://www.davidorbach.com


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs-Wjah2uW8




No comments:

Post a Comment