June 24, 2013
The Jerusalem Hug promotes peace, freedom and joy to all people in
The Jerusalem Hug begins with an open space gathering that includes blessings, greetings, listening circles and workshops facilitated by peace activists from around the world. After the gathering, participants proceed to the Damascus Gate, joining people from the various faith, ethnic and cultural communities of
As the sun begins to set, something exceptional will occur. The “collective body” will begin to encompass and embrace the walls of
After the hug, the participants will gather in an ancient moat along the walls of the
The Jerusalem Hug is a power that can renew, inspire, teach, forgive and heal. Let
15:00 Mish'ol HaPninim Garden (Map Coordinates 31.780856,35.228407 Google Maps Linkhttp://goo.gl/maps/GLNvV) On the grass alongside the Northern Walls of the Old City of Jerusalem, East of the New Gate, West of Damascus gate and South of the Light Rail Tracks.
Greetings and Workshops
· Smadar Efrat Yaish (http://www.simpletruthwithin.
· Seiighiro Nakagoe - Attainment of enlightenment, expression, insight, understanding and prosocial interaction.
· Jeff Goldstein (http://jeffattuner.com/)- Energy Ball for Peace: Giving Hope and Blessing to the
· Maestro Constantino (http://goo.gl/38BBm) –
· Kerstin Rikardson (http://awakeningart.se) - Oneness Meditation and Oneness Blessing (Deeksha): Awakening to the magic and beauty of life.
· White Eagle Medicine Woman (Suraj Holzwarth) (https://whirlingrainbow.com/) - Heart Transformation: Cultivating vision, creativity, and determination
17:30 Damascus Gate Plaza (Map Coordinates 31.782055,35.230298 Google Maps Linkhttp://goo.gl/maps/GjeKx) Staircase and Plaza between
· Haj Ibrahim Abu-el Hawa (http://peaceforibrahim.org/); Abuna Moshe, Priest of Saint Mark's Syrian Orthodox Church; Sheik Mohammed Usta, Sheik Emeritus of Nabi Musa (http://goo.gl/OKyCT); Shaul Youdkevitch, Director of the Universal Kabbalah Communities (http://www.livekabbalah.org/)
· Taleb el Hariiti, Rinah Sheleff, Eyal Davidov, Eva Lindberg and Ronit Shefi, and Aliza Zisman (http://www.planetarydance.
The Hug: Surrounding and embracing the ancient walls of the Old City of Jerusalem meditating, singing, dancing and praying for peace and compassion for all humankind.
19:45 Carob Gardens Moat (Map Coordinates 31.778991,35.225741 Google Maps Link http://goo.gl/maps/g2go3) Moat in the National Park Gardens, south of the Light Rail tracks (Kikar Zahal) and north of the Northwestern Corner of the Walls of the Old City.
· Eyal Davidov and the King David Peace Drummers (http://www.kingdaviddrummers.
· Shimon Lev Tahor, Haim Parag and the
· Lijah and the Firecats (http://www.youtube.com/user/
· Ronit Shefi (http://www.ronitshefi.com/) - We are One: Songs for Unity, Love and Compassion
· Smadar Waisman & Michael Fidelman (https://www.facebook.com/
To learn more about the Jerusalem Hug
Facebook group: JerusalemHug
Haj Ibrahim Abu El Hawa
Light rail train to Damascus Gate Station
Videos from past Hugs